|Clicker Heroes |
‹ Achievements • Ancients • Ascension • Builds • Clans ›
‹ Clickables • Easter Eggs • Forge Cores • General Tips • Gold • Guides ›
‹ Heroes • Hero Souls • Holiday Events • Hotkeys • Mercenaries • Monsters ›
‹ Newbie Guide: Pre-Transcendence • Outsiders • Patch History • Primal Bosses ›
‹ Recruitment Page • Relics • Rubies • Skills • Transcendence • Units • Upgrades • Zones ›
As it's the case with any idle game, Clicker Heroes is perpetuated largely by mathematical formulas that generate new hero levels, stages, etc. as they become necessary. Because these formulas, by necessity, make progression in this game rather predictable, they allow a number of rules to come up, which you can follow to ensure advancing through the game at optimal speed.
Due to the 1.0 update, the goal of Clicker Heroes has changed dynamically, and players are now aiming to get the most Ancient Souls/hour instead of the previous goal of getting the most Hero Souls/hour. For those players who have not transcended yet, ascend now and then transcend, unless your HZE isn't 300, which you must get to before the first transcendence.
The proper time to transcend would be when your current Ancient Souls/time ratio would decrease with another ascension. So if it takes 70 hours to get 10 Ancient Souls you can spend up to 7 hours to get your next Ancient Souls. If it will take longer you should transcend instead.
Keep in mind what will happen after every transcendence:
You will keep:
You will gain:
Everything else will be lost. This includes:
Transcendent players will no longer be able to buy Iris, Khrysos, Pluto, and Thusia, as they would be too powerful with them. However, despite not being able to buy these 4 ancients ever again, transcendent players still dominate and are more powerful.
After transcending, it will feel a bit like the game has started over again, and you will have to work your way up again, without the help of Hero Souls, ancients, Relic, and most of your gilds. The first few ascensions will be very slow, but once transcendent power shows its true colours, your game will speed up and you won't regret transcending. An extremely important tip is to save 50 Rubies before transcending, so that you can buy 7 Hero Souls to help prevent the first few ascensions from being tedious.
Outsiders and allocating Ancient Souls
Here are a few rules and things to keep in mind:
- Unlike Hero Souls, which either add to your DPS or can be spent on ancients, ancients souls do nothing when unspent. Because of this, you should spend every single one of your Ancient Souls when you get them.
- If you have less than 30 Ancient Souls: you should put roughly 1/4 to 1/3 of your Ancient Souls in Xyliqil and the rest in Ponyboy.
- 30+ Ancient Souls: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1m09HoNiLW-7t96gzguG9tU_HHaRrDrtMpAoAuukLB4w/htmlview?sle=true# With this spreadsheet, you can choose between going idle, (0 Fragsworth/ Siyalatas ratio,) hybrid, (0.5 Fragsworth/ Siyalatas ratio,), and active (1 Fragsworth/ Siyalatas ratio).
If you have more Ancient Souls than the amount in the last row of the spreadsheet, then you should be able to decide for yourself at that point. Don't be scared to experiment with your outsiders. As long as you're not putting everything into one outsider, and doing your best to spread your ancient souls, you shouldn't be any farther than 1-2% from optimal. Here are a few tips:
- If you want a faster FANT, put more into Xyliqil and Chor'gorloth.
- If you want to transcend for more AS and push further, put more into Borb.
- If you want to speed up the middle, put more into Phandoryss and Ponyboy.
- Always have Ponyboy at a higher level than Xyliqil.
- Borb should be higher than Ponyboy past 215 AS or so.
When to Ascend
A good early game strategy is to grind to zone 130, level up your heroes to 14,000 cumulative and then ascend, which will earn you anywhere from 12-15 Hero Souls, depending on primal boss spawns. Once you have the ancients to more easily defeat zone 160-165, you will obtain the power spike of level 1000 gilded heroes, so it is advised to continue to about zone 160 after this power spike.
For your first ascension after every transcension, follow these tips:
- Be in a clan and save the immortal rewards for 2 days (yesterday + today).
- Prepare a few short Gold quests (5-30 minutes); if you want, you can try longer Relic quests also, but it's luck based and may not give you anything ( Gold quests > Relic quests).
- Save 50 Rubies (most important step).
- Ascend before transcending.
- Use a QA (quick ascension) to get 7 Hero Souls and unlock the mercenary tab.
- Buy 1-2 idle ancients from this list: Nogardnit (if you have more than 3 Auto Clicker), Libertas, Nogardnit (if you have less than 3 Auto Clicker), Siyalatas (in this order if you have 2 available in the same batch). Reroll if you can't find them, until you have 1 Hero Soul left, then buy a random ancient and respec (you'll get 5 Hero Souls back to try and find them again).
- If you went for Relic quests, accept them at zone 1 or 54(to get higher level relics): keep Siyalatas/ Libertas/ Solomon Relics. Salvage all others and level up your good Relics equally.
- Be idle to benefit from your ancients/ Relics, but you can activate skills to kill bosses faster and wait to get back idle boost after you pass them.
- Upgrade heroes optimally, from the bottom of the list upwards, from upgrade to upgrade. Once one hero is unlocked, hire him/her, then get the one above him to level 10, then the other one to 25, then the other one to 50, etc.
- At zone 51 you can go to the clan, accept yesterday's + today's rewards (4 + 4 = 8 Hero Souls) and level up your idle ancients
- At zone 75+ when it gets slow, if you have more than 1 Gold quest, use them to be faster, but keep AT LEAST 1 Gold quest available.
- Stop progression mode at zone 104, check manually if zone 105 is a primal or not. If it is a primal, go back to 104, accept Gold quests (boosted by your idle Gold ancients) and level your best unlocked heroes. Then go and respec ancients to get back some Hero Souls and find Solomon to Q level it afterwards (use reroll/respec trick from the begining of this guide). Get all upgrades from heroes (including click based ones), set Auto Clickers on monsters and turn on progression mode to kill Primals with a max upgraded Solomon.
- If zone 105 isn't a primal boss, then go to 109 and do step 8.
- Try to go to zone 130 (110,120,130 are guaranteed primals, the others have only 1/4 chances to be one). If you can't get to 130, ascend when you hit a wall (at least you've got a lot of Hero Souls from at least 1 primal)
After the first 2 ascensions in a transcension or so, you should go until you can no longer defeat a boss without farming, which is when you should ascend.
If you have already passed your transcendent primal zone cap, and are no longer insta-killing, it's no use to progress further, unless of course, you want to get one of the HZE achievements. Otherwise, ascend immediately.
When you buy ancients, you want to balance them. If you spend, say, all your Hero Souls on ancients, when you don't have Morgulis yet, you're not playing optimally, as you receive no direct benefit from Hero Souls themselves. On the other hand, if you keep all your Hero Souls, you're still not playing optimally, as you can get much more damage, Gold, and other beneficial factors by sacrificing your Hero Souls.
If you don't want to waste too much time, use one of these calculators:
If you are on console, use this calculator: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KEomHjcT-eVak5I1B7c0TTnoM2lt8TXePfWUGfJtPbg/edit
Things to keep in mind
- Don't level Revolc past level 322. You will gain no benefit after that.
Buying Heroes and Upgrades
- Level up each hero to level 10 and purchase their first upgrade before moving on.
- Only after you have purchased 3-5 more heroes following this progression should you go back and finish buying that hero's upgrades. Exactly when you go back and do this depends on how useful the high-level upgrades of that hero are. has extremely useful upgrades, so he should be upgraded as soon as his next upgrade is affordable.
There are also some notable exceptions to this rule. For example:
- Brittany, Beach Princess, The Masked Samurai, The Great Forest Seer, Natalia, Ice Apprentice, Ma Zhu, and Athena, Goddess of War all lack upgrades that benefit other heroes. (If you're using an Idle Build, then Cid, the Helpful Adventurer, Treebeast, Ivan, the Drunken Brawler, Alexa, Assassin, Mercedes, Duchess of Blades, Bobby, Bounty Hunter, Sir George II, King's Guard, Referi Jerator, Ice Wizard, Abaddon, and Aphrodite, Goddess of Love don't have upgrades that help the other heroes either.) As such, it is unnecessary to strengthen these heroes past level 10 unless you start preparing to Ascend and when you want 14,000 hero levels, thus giving 7 extra Hero Souls after ascending. (When you earn so many Hero Souls that 7 of them is basically nothing, you won't need 14,000 hero levels.)
- Grant, the General and Frostleaf are so expensive that it is actually efficient to level the hero prior to them up past level 10 before moving on. Level Shinatobe, Wind Deity up to level 25 before buying Grant, the General and Grant, the General to level 25 before buying Frostleaf.
- Heroes which do not have a +100% upgrade as their first upgrade should be leveled up to 10, and have that upgrade skipped for now.
Remember that the first rule above does only affect the PC versions of the game, both Steam and Web. If you play on mobile versions, either ios or Steam, you should basically level everybody to level 25 and buy both first upgrades, before moving on to the next hero.
After you can get to zone 400+ without having to farm, the strategy changes, and you'll be using a main hero for DPS, instead. (See Re-Gild Strategy below.)
To optimize the bonus from gilds, it's much more efficient to stack them on a single hero. Early on you will lose too much DPS doing this to make it worth it, but in a short amount of time, it will become vital. Also, for the pre-transcendent players, you won't need to regild to The Masked Samurai, as you'll transcend before it's necessary.
As of patch 1.0e3, the optimum gilding strategy is as follows:
- For pre-transcendent players only: Once you can pass zone 200 without farming, the ideal heroes to have gilded are the Power Five: Treebeast, Ivan, the Drunken Brawler, Brittany, Beach Princess, The Masked Samurai, and The Great Forest Seer. At this point you won't be making a lot of hero souls still, so move your gilds using the random degild option, which costs 2 Hero Souls until they land on any of these five heroes.
- Upon being able to hit zone 400+, it is time to move your all your gilds to The Masked Samurai. You should be earning enough Hero Souls at this point to feel that 80 HS re-gilds are negligible in price. Using the 80 Hero Souls re-gilds, move your gilds to The Masked Samurai(this is the only hero you need to level for DPS in your runs now, besides the one that give global damage and Gold multipliers). Get him to a level divisible by 25, then press 'T' twice, to get to the 25 toggle multiplier. You will do this for all your main heroes, just to make things easier.
- Once you have quite a lot of Hero Souls, say, 1.000e7, you should save some of your Hero Souls instead of spending them in Morgulis, say about, 1.000e5, which you will use to regild. When you get The Masked Samurai to level 2500, Atlas becomes more efficient at 800, so level Atlas and move all your gilds from The Masked Samurai to Atlas with 'Q'. Once you get to level 1500, Terra becomes more efficient at level 1000, so do the same with her as you did with Atlas; level her to 1000 and move all your gilds from Atlas to Terra. You will keep doing this, leveling your main hero to 1500, then leveling the hero below to 1000 and regilding to that hero, until you either stop progressing further in the zones(which is when you ascend), or when you get Wepwawet to level 1500. Keep in mind that 1e5 Hero Souls will eventually not be enough; you will have a lot more gilds and you will need to do a lot more regilding. When this happens, you may want to save even more gilds. Don't worry, as you should have so many Hero Souls that multiple regilding will feel like nothing. Another thing to bear in mind is that Bomber Max and Gog have global gold and DPS multipliers, respectively, so once those are affordable, (which is when Chiron is at level 1125 and Moloch is at 1125, respectively,) you may buy them.
- When you get Wepwawet to level 1500, you will be able to buy his upgrade which makes Betty Clicker the most efficient hero to level up for a while. Move all your gilds to her. At this point, you will have so many Hero Souls that 'Q' costs barely anything compared to the amount of Hero Souls that you have. Once you get Betty Clicker to level 9850, you should be able to buy Wepwawet's level 2000 upgrade, making King Midas the most efficient to level up, until he gets to level 12550, when Wepwawet becomes more efficient and you'll move back to him. You'll be able to get Wepwawet to 5000, and then you alternate between him and Gog for a while, switching to the other as soon as it gets a new 10× multiplier. This stops once Wepwawet gets to level 8000, where you'll level him up for about 1000 levels.
- By the time the gold requirement for another set of 25 levels of Wepwawet is more expensive than the first level of Tsuchi, you will want to regild to Tsuchi once you buy him. Do the same with Skogur with what you did with Tsuchi; once 1 level in Skogur is less expensive than 25 levels in Tsuchi, buy Skogur and regild. Keep doing this until you get to Madzi, where she will be your main hero throughout each ascension, until you transcend again.
Rarity of Relic don't mean anything, you just get more forge cores.
Here is a table of which tiers are the best for Relic(these are the ancients they add levels to):
|High tier||Medium tier||Low tier|
|Other skill durations|
The rows in each column shows the one that is the best, e.g., Vaagur is more important than Chawedo. The only exception is once your transcendent primal zone cap is beyond 5000, when Relic that help Kumawakamaru become more important than those that help Atman.
When you get a Relic that you don't want(a Relic with worse tiers than the other 4 that you have), you should click the salvage button, and take note of how many forge cores you will be offered. Decline the option, then level that Relic by one level, click the salvage button again, and subtract the previous amount of forge cores you were offered from the current one. This is always/usually how many more forge cores the Relic is worth with every level. Keep leveling up the Relic until the price of leveling it up is greater than the forge core value of the Relic per level, or when you can no longer level up your Relic. After that, you should salvage that Relic.
As a clan member
Most Clan leaders prefer their members to be active, so it's vital that you participate every day, regardless of your immortal damage.
As the clan leader
You generally want people with a higher HZE or, at least, not much lower, in order to optimize total immortal damage. Take note of who is participating every day and who is not. You definitely don't want members who serve no purpose and just collect the Hero Souls from the immortals without making any effort to help the clan. Be careful about accepting members with too high of an immortal damage, as they may regard your clan as weak, and are highly likely to leave to join a stronger clan.
Players should always go on quests for new mercenaries, until they have 5. Mercenaries with a bonus to recruitment quest speed should be the ones sent on quests for recruiting new mercenaries.
- Skill quests are the worst and most useless quests to go on, especially if infinite skills are achieved, unless The Dark Ritual is activated.
- Hero soul quests and ruby quests are by far the most efficient.
- Completed relic quests and gold quests should be collected on the FANT.
- Alternatively, mercenaries always have a fifth option to go on quests for presents, which should also be collected on the FANT.
Most mercenaries are worth reviving at and before level 12, if sent on efficient quests. Mercenaries with extra lives should not have their extra lives spent if they die before level 12. Candy canes should always be the last way to revive a mercenary.
Mercenary Ascensions, (usually called MA's,) are artificial ways of ascending, taking much less time than a normal ascension. However, unless the player has high TP, this should not be done before the 4th or 5th ascension of a transcension. It's also more effective if done before reaching the TP cap. The process is as follows:
- Have a hero soul quest (at least 1% of a Quick Ascensoin worth of hero souls) ready to be collected when you ascend.
- Instead of leveling your ancients normally, dump all your hero souls into Solomon and Atman. (A MA calculator should be used to calculate how many souls go into each. For mobile players, just put 1% or less of all the hero souls into Atman, and the rest in Solomon.)
- Collect the hero soul quest, and get the ascension upgrade as soon as possible.
- You'll end up with a lot of hero souls. Spend the hero souls normally.
- If you have 1 or more hero soul quests completed, repeat steps 2 and 3, starting with the smallest reward, up to the biggest one.
The reason this is so OP is because of the fact that it's basically a normal ascension, except much shorter.
- https://jsfiddle.net/kragnir/faht12ub/show/ (Use this if you are on mobile.)
The first investment any player should make with their Rubies is the permanent 2× multiplier in the Shop. Afterwards, Rubies should be mainly used for quick ascensions and mercenary revives. The player should also buy Auto Clickers. Note that these get more and more expensive the more you buy them.
Using Skills Effectively
There is excellent synergy between most of your skills, so you should try to use them grouped together whenever possible.
In normal game play:
- Always use Clickstorm, Powersurge, Lucky Strikes, Metal Detector, and Super Clicks together. If possible, use Golden Clicks as well.
- Metal Detector doubles Golden Clicks' effect.
- Try to use Clickstorm and Powersurge together, while waiting for the longer cooldowns of the above abilities. Powersurge does multiply the overall DPS by 2, and therefore does increase the damage of each click.
- If you have unlocked all abilities and want a high DPS combo (excluding Dark Ritual) and you have gotten all non-hero specific upgrades (up through Frostleaf's Frigid Enchant), use your abilities in this order : Energize, Super Clicks, Reload, Clickstorm, Powersurge, Lucky Strikes, Metal Detector, Golden Clicks (8-7-9-1-2-3-4-5). Once Clickstorm and Powersurge are off cooldown, you can use them both with Super Clicks.
- If you're looking for high GPS ( Gold per second) (excluding Dark Ritual) and you have gotten all non-hero specific upgrades (up through Frostleaf's last upgrade), as well as the self-DPS upgrades for your main hero, use your abilities in this order : Energize, Golden Clicks, Reload, Metal Detector, Clickstorm, Powersurge, Lucky Strikes, Super Clicks (8-5-9-4-1-2-3-7). You get 1/3 more gold if you use Energize on Golden Clicks rather than Metal Detector.
- If you run into a Treasure Chest and have some abilities ready, use the high GPS combo, but instead, use Energize on Metal Detector rather than Golden Clicks. Only use Energize on Metal Detector if you are able to kill the Treasure Chest while Metal Detector is still active. Otherwise, use the high GPS combo normally.
If maximizing DPS is your goal, then follow these rules:
- Use Clickstorm, Powersurge, Lucky Strikes, Metal Detector, and Super Clicks together (1-2-3-4-7). For maximum effect, use Energize, wait for it to cool down, use Super Clicks, use Energize again, use Lucky Strikes, and then use Clickstorm + Powersurge + Metal Detector (8-wait;7-8-3-1-2-4).
- Unless you cannot click faster than 5 times per second(Who can't?)(You might want an Auto Clicker), in which case you should use Energize on Clickstorm instead of Lucky Strikes.
Keep in mind that an Energized Reload will reload the last two skills that were used (excluding Energize) instead of removing two hours of countdown on one skill. As such, the following combination is possible once you have 75% cooldown reduction (this combination is primarily used in the endgame, when a player is trying to reach the highest floor possible rather than constantly Ascending)
- Use any skills you want except for Dark Ritual, Energize, and Reload
- Use Energize
- Use Dark Ritual
- Use Reload
- Wait for 15 minutes without casting any skills
- Use Energize on Reload
- Wait 15 minutes, using other skills as desired
- Rinse and repeat!
This strategy permanently ties up Energize and Reload, but allows you to get +10% DPS twice an hour. You will need Vaagur at a high enough level for this combo to work.
One simple pattern to follow is: 1-2-3-4-5-7-8-6-9 (wait 15m) 8-9-1-2-3-4-5-7 (wait 15m) (repeat)
There is a trick for Hybrid players to be able to go as deep as possible. In the active stage, when a boss is too strong, and failed, let all skills off duration time, remove all Auto Clickers, wait 1 minute for idle, and wait for a clickable. Click it to gain a lot of gold, level up your main hero, and continue on. You can do a similar gold trick with Treasure Chests, if you have a Golden Clicks duration of more than 5 minutes. Activate Golden Clicks once you see a Treasure Chest, then remove all Auto Clickers, wait 5 minutes, then click the Treasure Chest. You will gain much more gold than with the , however, you will use your Juggernaut combo.
Now that achievements no longer give bonuses, it is not suggested that the player attempt to earn some of these achievements while trying to play optimally. Also, note that these are the far end of similar-goal achievements, so getting all of these achievements below will get you all of the achievements. (For example, gaining the achievement Traitor (below), will mean you have already gotten the similar-goal achievements Ancient Crusher, Drinking Deep, and A Glimpse Outside, as getting these achievements require you to have 200, 100, and 50 Ancient Souls, respectively. Obviously, once you get Traitor, you will already have gotten the other 3 Ancient Souls related achievements.) Many of the achievements will simply require following the general tips, and will be gained with time.
|Traitor||Acquire 500 Ancient Souls.||Follow the general tips.|
|Greedy||Hoard 5.000e31 gold.||Follow the general tips.|
|The Big Cheese||Complete 2500 quests for gold.||Use your mercenaries to quest for Gold. Using the 5-minute Gold quests are preferable, as it will get you the achievement faster.|
|Disciple of Solomon||Complete 2500 quests for hero souls.||Do the same as above, except use your Mercenaries to quest for Hero Souls.|
|Exceptional Specimen||Get a mercenary to Level 25.||You might need a rare mercenary or higher to get this achievement, as your mercenary will most likely die at least once before getting to 25, and you will you to revive it for free. So just keep making you mercenaries go on long quests, as they are more likely to die, and when one does, make one of your mercenaries quests for another one. Keep repeating this process, until you get a rare or higher mercenary, and be careful how you make that mercenary go on quests.|
|67.66 Repeating||Bury Leeroy Jenkins.||Keep making your mercenaries go on long quests, until one dies, then make one of your surviving mercenaries quest for another mercenary. Repeat this process until you get Leeroy Jenkins. You won't need to make him go on long quests, as he will eventually die as you make him go on more quests. Once he does die, bury him.|
|Worlds Strongest||Reach 1.000e55 DPS.||Follow the general tips.|
|Team Leader||Have 5 mercenaries.||You will start out with 1 mercenary. Make this mercenary go on a quest for another one. You will have 2, unless the mercenary fails the quest and dies. In this case, wait 8 real-time hours and you'll get another. Eventually, you will have 2. Make one of them go on another quest for a mercenary, unless that's not currently one of the 4 possible quests, in which you should choose a different quest, and then the other mercenary will be able to quest for another. Keep making your mercenaries go on quests for other mercenaries until you get 5 of them.|
|Convulsions||Click 35 times in one second.||Buy at least 2 Auto Clickers, use Clickstorm, and manually click 5 times yourself. If you have 3 or more Auto Clickers, you won't have to click manually.|
|Assassin||Get 10 Critical Clicks in one second.||Use an energized lucky strikes ability in conjunction with Clickstorm to obtain this achievement.|
|Transcendent||Transcend.||Once you defeat zone 300, click on the rightmost tab, and click Transcend.|
|Goodbye Cruel World||Ascend the world 250 times.||Follow the general tips. Upon gaining this achievement you will start out with over 40000 click damage. (This achievement, the other ascending-related achievements, Frantic, Frenetic, and Bounty: Omeet, are the only ones that give bonuses.)|
|Recruit an Epic Mercenary||Recruit an epic mercenary.||Keep making your mercenaries go on long quests, until one dies, then make one of your surviving mercenaries quest for another mercenary. Repeat this process until you get an epic mercenary.|
|Collector Collector||Complete 2500 quests for relics.||Use your mercenaries to quest for relics. Using the 5-minute relic quests are preferable, as it will get you the achievement faster.|
|Red Planet||Complete 2500 quests for rubies.||Do the same as above, except use your Mercenaries to quest for rubies.|
|Wow, really?||Complete 2500 quests for skills.||Do the same as above, except use your Mercenaries to quest for skills.|
|Make your mercenaries do 5-minute quests.|
|Boss Genocide||Kill 100,000 bosses.||Follow the general tips.|
|Finger Amputee||Click 250,000 times.||You will eventually get this achievement if you keep clicking or keep using Clickstorm.|
|Filthy Rich||Receive (cumulative) 1.000e74 gold.||Follow the general tips.|
|Super Levelupper||Level up heroes 50000 times.||After making significant progress in the game, you can level up all/some of your heroes to a high enough to reach the required total hero levels. If you can level Wewapwet to level 1250, you can do the same with the rest of the heroes, and you will gain this achievement.|
|Funeral Director||Bury 200 mercenaries.||As your mercenaries die, bury them, until 200 mercenaries have died and been buried.|
|Surgeon||Revive 500 mercenaries.||Keep making your low-level mercenaries and mercenaries with extra go on long quests, until one dies, then revive them. You only want to revive a mercenary with rubies if that mercenary is still in the low levels.|
|The Collector||Find 1000 relics.||Follow the general tips.|
|Magnanimous||Get 200 hero upgrades||Follow the general tips.|
|Transcendent Zone Conquerer||Beat Zone 30000 after transcending.||Follow the general tips.|
|Treaser Hunter||Open 10000 treasure chests.||Follow the general tips.|