Note: As of patch 1.0 this ancient is no longer available for purchase in game and can only be obtained by importing your save file from an older version.
- "This ancient grants you supreme vision beyond what your eyes can see. The longer you are awake the greater your powers become. Sleep has now become a hindrance to your path to what you desire. Sacrifices must be made."
+1 to starting zones available after Ascension.
If you buy Iris, you start with Zone 1 and 2 unlocked after ascending, every level put into Iris will push that one farther down.
Leveling Iris, Ancient of Vision
The cost of leveling up Iris is: your current Ancient Summoning cost (Which seems to follow no real equation but grows exponentially, see Ancients for prices.) at level 1, and then costs
n1.5 souls to level up, n being equal to the next level.
There is no maximum level for this ancient.
All Hero Souls costs are rounded to the nearest whole number.
- The name Iris refers to the Iris layer of the eye that dilates based on light in the environment and gives the eye its color.
- The color of the Ancient may also reflect Iris, the ancient Greek personification of the rainbow and messenger of the gods.
- Its wings could be based off of the fact that it lets you 'fly over your early zones'.
- This Ancient, along with Juggernaut, was introduced in patch 0.15.